Travel insurance "Europaische Reiseversicherung"
Insured reasons for Trip cancellation / Trip curtailment
The following events are covered as reasons for trip cancellation / trip curtailment, if as a result you are unexpectedly unable to commence the trip or have to curtail it:
- -unexpectedly occurring serious illness, serious physical injury caused by an accident, adverse reactions to a vaccination or death;
- loosening of implanted joints;
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness, serious physical injury caused by an accident or death (including suicide) of a family member, making your presence absolutely necessary;
- pregnancy, if the pregnancy is determined after booking the journey, or severe pregnancy complications up to the 35th week of pregnancy inclusive;
- serious damage to your property at the place of residence as a result of acts of God (e.g. flood, storm), fire, burst water pipes or criminal act of a third party, making your presence absolutely necessary;
- loss of job without fault, as a result of notice of termination issued by the employer;
- call-up to basic military service or alternative civilian service;
- submission of an action for divorce to the competent court or, in the case of registered life partnerships, the submission of a petition for dissolu-tion before the trip to be taken jointly by the married couple/civil partners;
- dissolution of the relationship of two partners living together (who have had the same registered address for at least 6 months) by the giving up of the joint residence immediately before the trip to be undertaken jointly by the partners concerned;
- failure to pass the school-leaving certificate examination, or a similar final examination for a course of school education lasting at least 3 years;
- receipt of an unexpected judicial summons.
Family members shall be the spouse (or registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household), the children (stepchildren, children-in-law, grand-children, foster children), the parents (step parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents), the siblings and brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law of the insured person; in the case of registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household also their children, parents and siblings.